Mycoplasma GenitaliumMycoplasma Genitalium: Free advice – ask me today!
Online Medical Services
Accessible, affordable private healthcare for all
By Dr Helen Webberley MBChB MRCGP MFSRH | GMC no. 3657058
I am a GP and a sexual health and hormone specialist. I can give advice on any medical matter, and I offer safe access to medical advice, prescription medication, blood tests and x-rays, and specialist referrals to your local private hospital as needed.
Mycoplasma Genitalium (MG)
Bacterial Infection & Ureaplasma
- These are more recently recognised bacteria and as it is spread through sexual contact it is probably a STI though is not recognised by British Association of Sexual Health & HIV BASHH
- Spread through unprotected vaginal, anal and oral sex and also through sexual touching skin to skin of genitals
- Most common side effect is urethritis- inflammation of the tube from the bladder to the body opening
- Online testing and treatment is available- a course of oral antibiotics
- This test is often not screened for routinely at GP’s and GUM clinics
- If you have on-going urethritis and other test results have been negative it is worth testing for MG and Ureaplasma
- Your current and recent previous partners will need to be contacted and tested/treated
- A retest after treatment may be advised
- Untreated Mycoplasma Genitalium and Ureaplasma may cause PID. As these are lesser known bacteria the possible long term effects are currently not confirmed
Safe, real prescriptions for STIs
Whether you know which HRT suits you best or whether you need advice on what you should take,
ask me here about safe prescriptions for hormone replacement therapy.
We can offer three packages for sexual health screening
Basic Chlamydia/gonorrhoea urine test
Test for 7 infections- Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea, Mycoplasma Genitalium, Ureaplasma, Trichomonas vaginalis, Herpes Simplex 1/11 and Gardnerella vaginalis
Blood tests- HIV, Syphilis, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C
Contact me now for advice, prescriptions, blood tests and referrals.
Please note that this service does not aim to replace advice given to you by your own doctor, it is meant to supplement your health knowledge and awareness.
It is never to be used in the case of a medical emergency.
Copyright MyWebDoctor. All Rights Reserved.