ChlamydiaChlamydia: Free advice – ask me today!
Online Medical Services
Accessible, affordable private healthcare for all
By Dr Helen Webberley MBChB MRCGP MFSRH | GMC no. 3657058
I am a GP and a sexual health and hormone specialist. I can give advice on any medical matter, and I offer safe access to medical advice, prescription medication, blood tests and x-rays, and specialist referrals to your local private hospital as needed.
- Spread by unprotected vaginal, anal and oral sex and sharing sex toys
- This is the most common STI
- Online treatment is available – a short dose/course of oral antibiotics.
- If you have a current partner it is best of you are both treated at the same time. You will both have to abstain from any sex for 7 days after treatment.
- Anyone you have had sex with in the last 3-6 months should also have a test as they may also require treatment
- If treated appropriately and advice followed there is no evidence of long term effects
- Untreated Chlamydia can sometimes lead to complications. Women can get an infection of the womb and fallopian tubes, known as Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID). This can cause infertility and increase risk of ectopic pregnancies
- Men can get an infection of the testicles and reduce future fertility. A type of arthritis of the joints known as Sexually Acquired
- Reactive Arthritis is fairly rare but can occur from untreated Chlamydia and is more common in men than women
Safe, real prescriptions for STIs
Whether you know which HRT suits you best or whether you need advice on what you should take,
ask me here about safe prescriptions for hormone replacement therapy.
We can offer three packages for sexual health screening
Basic Chlamydia/gonorrhoea urine test
Test for 7 infections- Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea, Mycoplasma Genitalium, Ureaplasma, Trichomonas vaginalis, Herpes Simplex 1/11 and Gardnerella vaginalis
Blood tests- HIV, Syphilis, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C
Contact me now for advice, prescriptions, blood tests and referrals.
Please note that this service does not aim to replace advice given to you by your own doctor, it is meant to supplement your health knowledge and awareness.
It is never to be used in the case of a medical emergency.
Copyright MyWebDoctor. All Rights Reserved.