Barrier MethodsFree advice – ask me today!
Online Medical Services
Accessible, affordable private healthcare for all
By Dr Helen Webberley MBChB MRCGP MFSRH | GMC no. 3657058
I am an NHS GP and a sexual health and hormone specialist. I can give advice on any medical matter, and I offer safe access to medical advice, prescription medication, blood tests and x-rays, and specialist referrals to your local private hospital as needed.
Barrier Contraception Methods
- Male condoms are 98% effective and female condoms are 95% effective at preventing pregnancy with perfect use.
- Often used as an additional method alongside the use of another method of contraception to prevent the transmission of infection
- Male condoms are the most efficient means of protecting against HIV and other sexually transmitted infections (STI’s) during penetrative sex
- Dental Dams are available for sexually active men and women to protect against exposure to sexually transmitted infections during oral sex
- Condoms can also prevent transmission of the Human Papilloma Viruses (HPV) that are linked to pre-cancerous changes of the cervical cells. (CIN)
Diaphragms and cervical caps
- Shaped latex ‘cap’ that a woman fits over her cervix (entrance to the womb) prior to intercourse, to act as a barrier and prevent sperm reaching the womb and prevent fertilisation of the egg. It is used with a spermicide cream or gel and is removed 6 hours after sex
- Diaphragms and caps are 92-96% effective with perfect use
- Cervical caps can be bought at a chemist without any medical input
- Diaphragms are available in different sizes and are usually issued following advice and examination by a trained health professional.
- There is little evidence that diaphragms/caps reduce the risk of HIV/STI transmission or development of CIN.
Safe, real prescriptions to help you
Whether you know what treatment works for you or you need advice on what you should take,
ask me here about safe prescriptions to help with your condition.
We can offer three packages for sexual health screening
Basic Chlamydia/gonorrhoea urine test
Test for 7 infections- Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea, Mycoplasma Genitalium, Ureaplasma, Trichomonas vaginalis, Herpes Simplex 1/11 and Gardnerella vaginalis
Blood tests- HIV, Syphilis, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C
Contact me now for advice, prescriptions, blood tests and referrals.
Please note that this service does not aim to replace advice given to you by your own doctor, it is meant to supplement your health knowledge and awareness.
It is never to be used in the case of a medical emergency.
Copyright MyWebDoctor. All Rights Reserved.