ContraceptionContraception: Free advice – ask me today!
Online Medical Services
Accessible, affordable private healthcare for all
By Dr Helen Webberley MBChB MRCGP MFSRH | GMC no. 3657058
I am a GP and a sexual health and hormone specialist. I can give advice on any medical matter, and I offer safe access to medical advice, prescription medication, blood tests and x-rays, and specialist referrals to your local private hospital as needed.
Contraception is the use of methods/medication to prevent pregnancy as a result of sexual intercourse.
Frequently Asked Questions
What methods are available?
- LARCs – long acting reversible contraception. This includes implant, injection and intrauterine contraception
- Hormonal – pills, patches, vaginal ring, injection, implant
- Intrauterine methods, copper coil (IUCD), progesterone releasing coil (IUS, Jaydess)
- Barrier – male and female condoms, diaphragm
- Emergency contraception – single dose progesterone pills or IUCD insertion
- Natural methods – withdrawal, natural family planning
- Female sterilisation
- Male vasectomy
How effective are contraceptive methods?
- LARCs are the most effective- as good as female sterilisation
- Oral contraception 98-99% effective
- Barrier methods 92-98% effective
What method will be best for me?
- There are usually multiple factors that influence contraceptive choices
- Decision may depend on how important is it not to get pregnant and what would be the consequences of having an unintended pregnancy?
- Risks/benefits/ possible side-effects of a method should also be taken into account
- It is important for patients to be well informed so they can make the best choice for themselves
What contraceptive methods are available online?
- Oral contraception -Combined Oral Contraceptive pill/Progesterone only pill
- Vaginal Ring
- Emergency contraceptive pill
Contact me now for advice, prescriptions, blood tests and referrals.
Please note that this service does not aim to replace advice given to you by your own doctor, it is meant to supplement your health knowledge and awareness.
It is never to be used in the case of a medical emergency.
Copyright MyWebDoctor. All Rights Reserved.